Summer feels like a time of rejuvenation for me. Since I have two and a half months off from work, it's a time for me to refocus on my personal pursuits. Throughout the school year, I stay busy, busy. Now is my time to take a new look at my goals, make new plans, and as Dave Ramsey would say, attack them with gazelle-like intensity, allowing for afternoon naps of course.
These are my summer plans:
- Medicaid billing. This is one that I want to quickly mark off my list as it is not fun in the slightest. I have two weeks left to do from December '10 and the whole month of January '11 to do. Ugh.
- Participate in The June Challenge to Draw Closer to God. I'm finally making more progress on my Old Testament reading!
- Write in my gratitude journal every day this summer (or at least 85% of days if we're being honest)
- Exercise three times per week for the month of June, at least twice a week for the month of July
- Read some classic books, plus I need to finish the two other books I've started (Two-Invention and The Help)
- Organize my closet--this is one I've started this week
- Participate in the Ultimate Austin Scavenger Hunt. Henry and I marked three things off our list last night. Hopefully tonight we'll hit one more.
- Learn more about nutrition and healthy cooking. After contemplating on several separate occasions, I bought Michael Pollan's Food Rules last night. I've also started reading through the blog Word of Wisdom Living. This summer I hope to drastically increase my veggie & fruit intake/cut back on meat. I think these are both great resources.
- Research/expand our food storage. Hopefully this will go right along with the point above. Sadly, I have about 15 cans of expired food sitting on my kitchen counter right now that I need to throw out...I want to create a system to avoid that in the future. A friend recently recommended a few blogs to check out for getting started, but I haven't looked through them yet.
- Plan fun things to do for my New Orleans and Cabo trips! Please leave recommendations if you have any...
- Learn more about photography--read book, practice
- Learn about Illustrator--I bought a small text book from Nicole's Classes, so now I need to actually read it and play around with it. A new header/background could be in this blog's future.
- Turn my college blog into a book--has anyone out there done this before? What service do you recommend?