one hundred and one things in one thousand and one days.
start: 1/1/11 / end: 9/27/13
in progress: italic / completed:
progress updated on 1/3/13
progress updated on 1/3/13
Obtain a new passport.
Go on a cruise.
3. Go to 3 states I’ve never been to before (0/3).
Visit a Texas city I’ve never been to before.
5. Go to three new temples I’ve never been to before (1/3).
6. Visit The Orange Show in Houston.
Visit two new National Parks (2/2).
8. Stay in a bed-and-breakfast once per year (0/3).
9. Visit Enchanted Rock.
Organization & Time Management
10. Clean out Google Reader: only leave most favorite blogs. (went from 180 to 100)
11. Go without social networking/reading blogs for two days per week for six months.(7/48)
12. Backup photos that are currently on computer.
13. Shred documents in office once per month for six months (3/6).
Update address on driver’s license.
Spend 30 minutes each Saturday reviewing my schedule for the coming week for the rest of the 2010-2011 school year.
Organize and label craft storage boxes.
Be on time to 5 out of 7 appointments for two weeks (6/13-6/19/11, 6/20-6/26/11).
18. Finish reading the photography book I own.
Take a photography class. (Completed with Kristen Duke on 1/29/11!)
Research what lens to buy next.
21. Photowalk around neighborhoods in Austin (
South Congress, Downtown, South Lamar, Hyde Park, Campus, 360 area, etc.).
Sing in a choir.
24. Make a header for my blog.
Make something pretty in Illustrator.
Paint something. (1/22/11; painted a bowl)
27. Make my college years’ online journal into a book.
Try 2 new recipes a month for 6 consecutive months (12/12).
Complete 3 chores a week for five months.
30. Follow flylady’s flight plan for a month.
Print photos for coasters.
Make a craft I can display in my home.
Keep a family calendar for 2011.
34. Build a 3-month supply of pantry foods.
35. Plant and eat vegetables from my own garden.
Go to a drive-in movie theater.
37. Pick fruit at a pick-your-own farm and do something with it.
Take a UT tower tour.
39. Go on a photo scavenger hunt with a group of friends.
40. Go to a Jack Johnson concert.
Go see a play.
Use our Netflix account each month for six consecutive months.
43. Swim in Hamilton Pool.
44. Attend a UT football game.
45. Go to the temple 12 times in 12 months—2 sealings 1/2, 9 endowment sessions 5/9, 1 baptism 1/1
46. Go to the Family History Center six times.(1/6)
47. Read the entire Old Testament (558/1184 pages).
48. Read the Book of Mormon as a family in 2011 (185/531).
49. Read the New Testament as a family once we finish the BOM.
Study topics for Sharing Time one month in advance in 2011 (7/16).
51. Do something, anything, to have Family Home Evening each week.
52. Write in gratitude journal every day for 3 months.
53. Write in my journal for 30 minutes each Sunday for 6 months straight.
54. 100% visiting teaching for 6 months straight.
Get a professional massage.
Get a facial.
Exercise twice a week every week for 3 months in 2011 (Jan 2011: 8/8, May 2011: 9/9, June 2011: 9/9).
58. Exercise three times a week every week for 3 months in 2011. (Feb 2011: 12/12)
Take a reusable water bottle to work every day for 3 weeks (3/7-3/11, 4/4-4/8, 5/23-5/27).
60. Eat 3 servings of veggies a day for a week.
61. Eat 2 servings of fruits a day for a week.
Floss every day for a month.
Family & Relationships
63. Ask my dad to record five personal memories.
Have professional photos taken.
Go on a girls’ weekend trip.
66. Go camping with my husband.
Send letters to Russia with love.
68. Have a "sister day" once per quarter.
69. Send one hand-written letter a month for six months.
70. Burn my old home videos to DVD & mail to my parents.
71. Compile a family email/mailing address list.
72. Compile a family birthday list.
73. Send a birthday card to parents and siblings + siblings-in-law (2/22).
74. Send a birthday card to nieces and nephews (1/21).
Send out a family letter at the end of 2011 and 2012.
76. Don’t use credit cards for anything other than gas + food + medicine in January and February 2011.
Pay off all student loans by mid 2011.
Purchase a new lens.
Have $10K in emergency fund.
Save for a down payment on a house.
Live off of Henry’s income and save what I earn.
Open a mutual fund.
83. Save $100 monthly for one “dream” vacation outside of the U.S.
84. Put aside $10 in savings for each task completed and put it towards “dream” vacation.
Knowledge & Career
85. Read 12 classic novels.
Read 10 nonfiction books (2 spiritual): The Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother, Freakonomics, The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks; Heaven is Here; Bringing Up Bebe; Make the Bread, Buy the Butter; The Happiness Project; Talking Back to Facebook; Ina May's Guide to Childbirth; Real Food for Mother and Baby; Food Rules: An Eater's Manual
87. Go to an ASHA convention.
88. Update my resume.
Research background of SHARS/Medicaid in schools.
Get caught up on Medicaid billing.
91. Spend an hour reviewing ASL vocabulary once a month for 5 months
92. Relearn 10 common phrases in Spanish.
93. Learn 10 common phrases in Mandarin.
Visit thehungersite.com every day for a month.
96. Volunteer at Capital Area Food Bank.
Adopt a family for Christmas.
Surprise someone with flowers.
Surprise three people with treats once per year (0/9).
Make five hygiene kits.