I'm going to try to update my 101 in 1001 list with my progress each Sunday. I've also decided that I won't be updating the page I created (that's the one linked at the top of my blog) except to mark off goals I've completed. If you're confused at this point, don't worry about it. It's just that the post and the page are two different things, and it's kind of a hassle to have to update both each time I want to change something.
Anyway, I think I got off to a good start for my first week! These are goals I've started working on:
10. Clean out Google Reader: only leave most favorite blogs. I started with 180 blogs, and I've cut back to 136. I think I still need to do some purging though.
13. Shred documents in office once per month for six months. Pictured above. If we're being perfectly honest though (as we should always strive to be), I only did a small portion of the shredding that ended up in that large garbage bag. Henry did most. But I did help.
15. Spend 30 minutes each Saturday reviewing my schedule for the coming week for the rest of the 2010-2011 school year.
21. Photowalk around neighborhoods in Austin (South Congress, Downtown, South Lamar, Hyde Park, Campus, 360 area, etc.). I want to devote new posts to each neighborhood I visit.
33. Keep a family calendar for 2011.
47. Read the entire Old Testament (1184 pages). This one is slooow going.
48. Read the Book of Mormon as a family in 2011.
50. Study topics for Sharing Time one month in advance in 2011.
51. Do something, anything, to have Family Home Evening each week.
57 57. Exercise twice a week every week for 3 months in 2011.
72. Compile a family birthday list.
76. Don’t use credit cards for anything other than gas + food + medicine in January and February 2011.
77. Pay off all student loans by mid 2011.
86. Read 10 nonfiction books. Started Blink.
I have four more goals I'd like to work on this month too, but I'm not sure if I'll get to them. My niece who is four months older than me (unusual family) is getting married the first week of March, and it is time to really move into high gear for planning her wedding!