Sunday, April 5, 2009

Date No. 8

Henry and I went on two more dates during my Spring Break.
This one was on St. Patrick's Day (in case you couldn't tell). He surprised me by taking me to Magnolia Cafe. If you're ever in Austin, you should definitely stop by and try their Tropical Turkey Tacos. Turkey, avocado, pineapple, and melted mozzarella on a wheat tortilla...I love them.

After dinner we walked down South Congress. There are lots of funky and trendy shops there, and we found a new candy shop. We shared sour belts. It was a fun night.

Credits:
Papers-Designer Digitals Feb 15th Color Challenge (bg) and 2ps Martha Freebie Kit
Journal block-Parisian Labels by Rhonna Farrer (the 3rd purchase I made with my free $20 at 2ps)
Fonts-AR Julian and Engravers MT
Word art-"Lucky Me" Danielle Young of Oscraps

p.s. My husband works for FedEx Kinko's, so he is able to print my 12x12 pages for free!

2 comments:

Em said...

alli,
so glad you are reading!
the book i used is called "baby wise." if you go to the book store it's very well known or can be purchsed online. amazon has it. here is the link:
http://www.amazon.com/Becoming-Baby-Wise-Reference-Worldwide/dp/0971453209
it talks a lot about being a "parent-led" household and it just made sense to me. the sleep training was the worst the first 3-4 days, and then it got better and better with time. now we lay brennan in his crib and he goes right to sleep with a peep! it is rare for him to wake up in the middle of the night and not be able to soothe himself, but those nights still do happen occassionally...like just a few days ago, haha. anyway, i'd be happy to help with info! you can email me at: emilygibson82@yahoo.com also.
love, emily

Em said...

p.s. love your scapbooking from st patty's. i think i might like the digital part of scrapbooking b/c the real deal is just not for me. it's like sewing. you need a room that you can have all your stuff out in all of the time. otherwise you just don't do it. at least that's how it is for me!