Sunday, February 13, 2011

The Weekend

MIL, FIL, & Aunt Aida.

For the second weekend in a row, we had parts of Henry's family over for lunch! Last Sunday, my mother-in-law, SIL, BIL, and nieces came over. This time, Henry's dad and his Aunt Aida came too. Since my in-laws are about to embark on a two-year mission to Siberia(!), Aida wanted to visit the family one last time before they leave. She flew in from California on Friday, and they came up to Austin yesterday afternoon. We ate Thai food from Madam Mam's and just enjoyed our time together. This was only the second time I'd been around Aida, but I can tell she is a very gentle, thoughtful, and intelligent woman. She's a librarian, so it was fun to hear her opinion of popular books. 

We also got to love on our new niece Mary.
I just might die from the cuteness...my goodness.


I'm glad we have family so close by. I'm particularly thankful for our relationship with Henry's sister Lara and her husband William (the mutual friend mentioned in my last post). And of course they've introduced two very cute little girls into our lives whom we love. That's nice.

I'm feeling a little mushy today, can you tell? Maybe it's the proximity of Valentine's Day?

No comments: