Monday, December 7, 2009

God Bless Texas

"You might give some serious thought to thanking your lucky stars you're in Texas."


So I entered the Smartypants-Texas contest on Pioneer Woman. To be a contestant you had to answer twelve questions about Texas. I got all excited on Saturday morning because I actually thought I had a shot at being the first or second person to correctly respond. Um, no. I was commenter number 201 even though I commented within twenty minutes of the first respondent.

Oh well. It was fun to do, and it made me remember how much I love the great state of Texas.

It just so happens, we visited the Texas State History Museum this weekend too.



Here are a few things I love about Texas:
-It's bigger than France.
-Diversity: We've got a little something for everyone.
-The weather (most of the time).
-The football
-Whataburger
-Bluebell ice cream
-HEB
-Bluebonnets in spring
-Texas pride
-The slogan "Don't Mess with Texas"
-It's home.

No comments: