Thursday, December 11, 2008

Back in the Saddle Again

Hi. I know it's been a while. A little thing called grad school, which turns out, is not for the faint of heart, came between me and digital scrapbooking. But now I'm out of school for a whole month and there are new layouts on the horizon.

Today I did a page for Thanksgiving. It was my first time ever to use a layered template. Not as self-explanatory as I thought it'd be, but after a quick tutorial I was in business. It was definitely faster than creating a layout from scratch, but it also doesn't feel as personalized.



This was a Thanksgiving of firsts: my first Thanksgiving away from my parents, first with my in-laws, and first to host in my home. For the first time ever I was in charge of planning and cooking the meal though Henry helped a lot. It was really a team effort. We made turkey (we stuck to just cooking a breast. maybe next year we'll go for a whole bird), sweet potatoes, a pineapple cheese log, corn on the cob, cheesy potatoes, rolls, and a pumpkin pie. Our family brought over brisket, green bean casserole, cranberry sauce, more rolls and bread, and about six pies! Everything was delish, and I think everyone had a good time too. We played Cranium, Clue, and Worst Case Survival game before heading over to Lara and William's to watch a movie. It was a nice day.

Materials:
Template: Designer Digitals Ad Challenge 2-10-08
Ribbon: Shabby Princess "Festival Ric Rac Coral"
Font: Vaguely Repulsive

No comments: